Book Condition Guidelines
When selling to sellbackyourBook.com it is important to make sure that every book you send meets our book condition guidelines. All books are expected to be in good or better condition. Any book we receive that does not meet these quality guidelines will be rejected, you will then have the option to have the rejected item returned to you for a return shipping fee of $3.99 or we can recycle the item for you free of charge. It is very important you respond to the rejected item email within 14 days or the item will automatically be recycled.
Type of Books We Do Not Buy
- Advanced Readers Copies (also know as ARC)
- Review Copies
- Items with no ISBN anywhere on the book
- Pornography or otherwise offensive and explicit material.
- Any books with the following wording anywhere on the book - "review copy", "sample copy", "exam copy", "not for sale/resale" etc...
- Incomplete sets (volume 1 of a 2 book set etc...)
- Non book items such as Calendars and board games (even though they may have an ISBN)
- Encyclopedia Sets
Types of Textbooks We Do Not Buy
sellbackyourBook.com only purchases Student Edition textbooks , this means that although you may receive a quote for the following items, we will not purchase them and they will be rejected. To avoid items on your order from being rejected and delaying your payment being processed, do not send the following:
- Instructors Editions
- Annotated Instructor Editions
- Teachers Editions
Additional textbooks we do not purchase would include Custom Editions, Textbooks not meant for sale in the U.S. and any book not meant for sale to students.
Physical Condition Requirements
All books sold to sellbackyourBook.com must be in good condition or better. What does good condition mean?
- No Water Damage
- No tears on the cover or pages
- Workbooks must not have any writing in them
- Less than 30% of the book has highlighting/ underlining or writing
- No Missing or Loose Pages
- No Fire or smoke damage
- Minimal wear to the binding - pages should be firmly attached to the binding -- bindings cannot be broken
- No strong odor of any kind (including musty odor, cigar or cigarette odor)
- No items with the access code exposed. This includes standalone items (for example an item that is an access code for online class like Mathlab) as well as items which include a supplementary access code (for example a textbook packaged with an associated access code for an accompanying online class).
- No Foxing